Have you seen her? Gauteng cops seek Majola’s partner over DJ Warras murder

Gauteng police have appealed to the public to assist in searching for Hlengiwe Goodness Buthelezi, 40, who is believed to be the girlfriend of Victor Majola, the alleged mastermind behind the murder of DJ Warras.

Police on Wednesday released a photograph of Buthelezi and appealed to the public for information that could lead to her arrest.

“The South African Police Service (SAPS) detectives attached to the Provincial Investigation Unit Serious and Violent Crimes are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a suspect wanted for alleged conspiracy to commit murder and murder, which occurred in Johannesburg Central on 16 December 2025,” Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Tintswalo Sibeko said.

DJ Warras, whose real name was Warrick Stock, was shot dead outside the Zambesi Building in Johannesburg’s central business district.

Sibeko said anyone with information about Buthelezi’s whereabouts is urged to contact the investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Nengovhela, on 082 967 9362. Information can also be provided anonymously through the MySAPS app or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.

IOL understands that Buthelezi is Majola’s girlfriend.

The police appeal comes as Majola’s murder trial was postponed for four weeks on Wednesday to give him time to secure funding for his legal representation.

Majola, 44, appeared in the Johannesburg High Court and remains in custody after being denied bail. 

He faces charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with Stock’s killing.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) opposed the postponement, saying the State was ready to proceed after providing the defence with the relevant documentation.

NPA Gauteng spokesperson Magaboke Mohlatlole said the defence had sought the postponement to obtain financial instructions.

State ready to proceed

The court granted the postponement, marking it as final, to allow Majola’s counsel sufficient time to secure funding. The matter was postponed to September 18.

Majola is charged alongside 25-year-old Joaquim Armando Pacula, who previously pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Mohlatlole said the State would be ready to proceed when the matter returns to court on September 18.

The latest developments follow evidence previously heard in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court about the events leading up to Stock’s killing.

IOL previously reported that investigating officer Captain Abe Montwedi testified that police would arrest Buthelezi once forensic examinations had been completed. 

He alleged that she had previously threatened Stock.

Buthelezi is reportedly a tenant at the Zambesi Building, where Stock’s security company had been contracted to provide services. 

Investigators allege that she and Majola were illegally collecting rent from tenants.

Montwedi told the court that the dispute at the building dated back to 2018, when its original owner died and the property was inherited by his son.

The son later noticed that rental income had fallen from more than R700,000 a month to about R400,000. 

An investigation allegedly found that some tenants were collecting rent from other occupants, but failing to pay the money to the rightful owner.

Stock and his business partner were brought in to assist with managing the building. 

They convened a meeting with tenants and announced plans to take over management, introduce biometric access and issue resident permits.

Montwedi said the changes angered people who were allegedly collecting rent illegally, including Majola’s girlfriend.

The group allegedly threatened Stock, warning that they would not allow him to “take money from their mouths”.

Stock subsequently applied for a protection order against six people, including Buthelezi. Further threats were allegedly made during court proceedings related to the application.

The shooting

On December 16, Stock returned to the Zambesi Building to restore security cameras, Montwedi testified.

Majola and two other men were seen sitting near street vendors outside the building.

Stock left the building and stood near his car while talking on a phone. A witness allegedly heard Majola speak in isiZulu to the other men, saying, “Nangu lomuntu (here he is).”

As Stock ended the call and turned to return inside, one of the men, who was described as wearing a Rasta hat, shot him several times.

The men then fled on foot.

Montwedi said CCTV footage from a nearby butcher showed Majola arriving with the alleged shooter. 

The two allegedly sat together before the shooting and left together afterwards.

Arrest and evidence

On December 22, police received information that Majola and Buthelezi were hiding in Soweto.

Montwedi said he arrested Majola at a hostel in Meadowlands, where he was found sleeping with Buthelezi.

Several mobile phones were seized during the arrest.

Montwedi testified that vehicle registration documents belonging to Stock were found on Majola’s phone, along with documents belonging to Stock’s business partner.

Data extracted from Buthelezi’s phone showed that she had forwarded photographs and information to Majola.

A voice note allegedly recorded concerns among the accomplices about whether police would uncover incriminating material.

“She said everything had been deleted,” Montwedi told the court.

[email protected]

IOL News

Simon Majadibodu
iol.co.za

Scroll to Top